So today I passed 50K on Hero/Villain. If this was a NaNo novel, I would have won (okay, okay, so two and a half months late). These last two days were my days off, and I’m really really working to get through the novel by my deadline.
Here’s what I need to get done before I leave for SCBWI on the 29th:
- The first draft of Hero/Villain finished, printed out, and ready to be edited. There’s a lot of work to be done on this one, but I’m prepared for that. (It’s not like The-Novel-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, which I knew needed a lot of work because it was a PoS, and didn’t care enough to work on. I love H/V and will polish this baby until it shines.)
- Based on recent agent suggestions, I will print out AFTRLYF and revise it on the flight to LA.
- I might print out and work on Fireflies too, but it’s less likely to get done during the conference. I really should set a deadline for this one, though. It’s going to be a lot of work, YAifying it, but I’m up to the challenge. This will probably actually happen as soon as H/V is ready for betas.
- Finish reading Harry Potter & the Half-blood Prince before the trip because that book is heavy and I don’t want to lug it around on the plane. I could carry three other books around and have my backpack weigh less.
- Finish the soundtrack (I might be done now, I just want to let it simmer to make sure)
- Finish my costume for the poolside gala/costume party
But the important one is H/V.
I think I’ll make it. I’m into the climax now. But the good news (if you like teasers) is that I know I have a non-spoilery teaser ready for Tuesday this week. I didn’t think it was possible, but, yeah, Ace is having pre-climax issues unrelated to the spoilery bits. Yay.
Currently on my iPod: High Flying, Adored, sung by Madonna and Antonio Banderas (from Evita)
Lots of love,