So as I sit here, waiting for the A/C guy, I thought I would write a blog post. If you squint real hard at my last title and this one, you might think that I wrote two days in a row (Workout Wednesday and Lots of Love Thursday). But, no, I was my usual lazy blogging self and neglected the blog for like a month and a half. It’s hard to get motivation to write (anything) when I’m baking in the oven that is my house these days.
I am cursed. This is my ninth summer in Ohio, and for eight of them, I have had a broken A/C. This spans three different places I’ve lived and five different A/C units. Last year was the only year I didn’t have to get the A/C unit fixed or replaced (it had been replaced the year before…for free, but apparently with a broken model that started leaking coolant…last year). It’s been a hot spring and summer, but today is supposed to get into the 100s, so I start off LoLT with:
- My A/C is getting fixed!
- Which also means that our windows won’t have to be open all the time, which means fewer bugs and fewer allergens in the house
- I went to check out a choir (for joining) and had a great time
- I rediscovered what a joy it is to read on my Kindle
- I read THE SELECTION like I was addicted to it, which is pretty exciting since I never feel that need to read books by people I don’t know anymore. I’m not saying it’s great literature or anything, but I could not put it down.
- My parents got back from their cruise and I wowed my dad with his Father’s Day gift
- My Dear Teen Me letter is up. You can find it here
- My friend Suz’s book, A WANT SO WICKED, is available (our indie bookstore should have it in today or tomorrow).
Since I last was on here, tons of stuff has happened, but this was just the love for this past week (which was pretty nice).
I’m working on my Trouble kidlit, although I’m having trouble (haha) deciding where to start the series. I thought Trouble at School was logical, but it makes the timeline of the series awkward. I did, however, print out Trouble with Pets, which I wrote in November, and I’m highly enjoying editing that.
I wrote the Dear Teen Me letter. Dear Teen Me is also doing an anthology, in which the lovely Hannah Moskowitz participated. Her letter is a tear-jerker, trust me.
I’m waiting on betas for Taylor-Made, but my first beta gave me lots to think about already.
Anyway, that’s all the love for now.
Lots of love,